Blog Archive

October 27, 2013

Another rambling..

I've been watching alot of anime lately on the net. Got nothing to do anyway. I got feddup with TV all these years for nothing actually interest me much except for the news, well, some of them.
Recently, as I turn on TV, I saw some anime that I have in my collection. Its kinda bores me in a way... I mean, I enjoyed knowing its on air, but I don't like the fact that its translated to Malay... Every joke that I laugh at on the show seems not funny anymore... But when I watched the original, I still laugh my ass off at the same joke... You guys get what I mean?
After awhile, I wrote somewhere on the net that its pointless for changing the original language of a show on TV.. Make it cartoons, anime or anything... I mean... Its not like Mr Bean, where people just see what happens and laugh... Comedy comes with puns and uses verbal mistakes and such as punchlines... So its very different for every language... And for Japanese anime, it comes with attitude and culture that only exist in Japan.. No one can translate a culture joke to a different language... And still find it funny... Not gonna work... I dunno... I can't explain this shit much... But anyone reading... Try translate the best jokes you have in your language into some other language... And see is if people can laugh at it just like you did with the original...
Anyway.. That was few month back.. Recently, they started re-showing "fairytale" anime on... Its one of the top charting anime on the net this year..(or is it last year?). And finally they didn't change it to Malay...like they did before... I was like, "hell yeah!! That's more like it...!!"
I mean, I'm not an otaku...or an anime freak, but I love originality... It has a good impact on the brain... Gets you to actually learn something along they way... Its fun, being an entertainment, and its educational...for those that watches it. Don't believe me? Ask around your friends that speaks Korean... I bet you over half of them started learning via music and dramas that shows up on TV... NOT from a teacher in class... So if you, parents out there, wants your kids to learn good English, get yourselves a few set of good old american sitcom videos... Watch them together with the entire family... When the kids sees you laughing all the time (and sometimes hear people on they show laughing, for sitcoms its natural) when they don't get what's going on in the screen, tell em, "its the power of understanding what you learn at school, and use it."

adbrite